My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 10651 commercial SP at auction, it starts hard, runs at WOT when it does run, and is hard to shift through the 3 forward gears. The throttle lever moves as does the linkage on the carb, but nothing changes as far as rpm goes. What can I do to this mower to make it more user friendly. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

Uncle Al! That is a great mower!! 1996 F engine, 5 HP, 3 speed self propel, staggered cast deck, etc. and probably one of the best later years Lawnboys ever produced. Hard starting could be a number of things but a few to check would be a lower crank seal that has fallen down and is riding on the blade collar, carbon in the exhaust ports, warped plastic mounting flange on the carb, bad gas, and the list can continue. If the engine runs wide open it could be as simple as adjusting the notched wheel on the governor to reduce the speed. Each click is approximately 50-75 RPM. If you don't have a service manual you can download what you need from the Lawnboy web site. It's a great way to learn about all you need to know. Here is a link. Good luck and let us know what you find. Bill

https://lookup3.toro.com/ttcGateway/acrobat/manuals/lball.html

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked my post last night and there were more than one response to my questions, one in particular was about opening the transmission, scraping the old hard grease out of it and putting mobil 1 grease back in. Now this reply is gone as are the others that were there. WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Those replies were on MyTractorForum where you had also posted your questions. Bill

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks guess I forgot about the double post, can this one be deleted?
this is strange,when I made this post I didn't have a title in the box where the posting is started, so I put "10651 commercial" and was scrolling down to hit the post button when the page changed and my post disappeared. I had no idea where it went, so I made another, this time making sure it was in the brand specific section, lawnboy, Don't know what to say but thanks for finding it for me.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
No need to delete this one. There may in fact be a completely different audience who could benefit from your information and experience that won't see it on another forum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bwdbrn1, Thanks, other forum's I belong to will remove your post if it doesn't comply with the title. The other forum my post is in is for walk behinds, not sp push mowers. Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts