My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

New here,my user name 'zippy one' is the name given to me by one of my clients I do mowing for.

Been doing yard jobs for 30 odd years.So used a few mowers/small engine machines.

I have joined today to seek more information on where and what mowers to buy,as one major brand I buy now has 'made in china' motors' not keen on owning one of those.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Welcome to MLF zippy one, glad to have you join us. Tell us more of how you came to be called Zippy One.

According to Wikipedia, if the information is correct, Rover is part of MTD Products Australia, and shut down it's Australian manufacturing plant in 2007, then moved production to their China facilities. Maybe others have more information about that.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome Zippy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:mlf: Zippy!

Rover mowers eh? Are you in Australia?

-Capstan
Yes,in Australia! Yes 'Rovers' use to be big out here,but MTD bought them out and they now have nasty china motors,and everyone avoids them.

Now looking at all Honda gear from now on,thanks for pointers of members on this forum.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yes,in Australia! Yes 'Rovers' use to be big out here,but MTD bought them out and they now have nasty china motors,and everyone avoids them.

Now looking at all Honda gear from now on,thanks for pointers of members on this forum.
I actually know a fair bit about Australian mowers myself, Although I'm From The USA.

Good to have you aboard!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reason for name 'Zippy' one of my lawn mowing clients calls me that.As I 'zip' around her lawn on my ride on,and was much faster and better than her previous mower man.So she has named me that LOL,quite a catch name for lawn mower man!

Kinda Changed it to 'Zippy One' as forum auto name bit seemed not to like just 'Zippy' .

But got me thinking,when I get rich,and buy a u beaut ute for mowing business,might get number plates 'Zippy One' would prefer the a 747-200 series,buy hey someone has to do the lawn :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF! Thanks for joining.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts