My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For some reason the factory emblems on the 2008 -2016 Super Duty tailgates loose their overlays and then you're left with a chrome oval. I posted a question about this on the "Ford-Trucks" forum and got several responses that others had lost their overlays too.

Anyway, I couldn't drive around with embarrassing big chrome oval on the back :D so it gave me an excuse to get the blackout one I had seen before. It's a billet replacement that's actually pretty heavy, I think it's anodized too. I wasn't expecting a 10/10 coming from Ebay but quality is better than expected.

The stock junk emblem:

In a way I felt like I was adding a piece of jewelry to the truck. :tango_face_grin:

· Administrator
6,319 Posts
I have to admit (and I never thought I would say it :D ) that does look better then the chrome I think since you have the bumpers and everything else blacked out. Does look high quality too! :Thumb up:

The overlay on the bowtie on my front grill fell off when I slammed the hood shut one day. I still need to glue it back on. It was looking pretty bad anyway so I coated the underside with some red paint instead of redoing the gold. I'll have to see how it looks though once I get it reattached.

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Administrator
6,319 Posts
Cool! :tango_face_glasses:

I also found this cheap fix. I don't know how long it would last on the outside but since the plastic cover fell off I could cut one of these sheets to fit on the inside. :Thinking hard:

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Nice!! I bought dad a billet bowtie for truck a while ago. t started delaminating so I found a usa flag sticker to go on it. Looks good now!

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got da' truck waxed up and some beeds a poppin!

I guess these are actually powdercoated and not anodized.

Cool! :tango_face_glasses:

I also found this cheap fix. I don't know how long it would last on the outside but since the plastic cover fell off I could cut one of these sheets to fit on the inside. :Thinking hard:
Yeah, that's always another option. I'm not sure how durable it would be though.

Nice!! I bought dad a billet bowtie for truck a while ago. t started delaminating so I found a usa flag sticker to go on it. Looks good now!
Thanks man,

Never bought one of these before but turned out better than expected.

· Registered
93 Posts
I just wish Fords were more.. delete friendly. But they like to embed their emblems or mold things around them so it still looks like an emblem and sometimes they have holes in there too so if you remove the emblem/wording there are holes in the body :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.