My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm SkyyTek from Washington state. I've been enjoying reading your forums and joined specifically to get the chance to see some of the files that have been unavailable to me otherwise.

I have a couple of Honda mowers which I like. I have a problem I'm looking into with the newer one, I'll not ask for help until I've looked at previous posts. The newer mower is an HRR2169VYA, the older one dates back to the early or mid-80's.

I've noticed some nice professionalism here, looking forward to reading more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. My mower quit yesterday with a problem that puzzled me. My best guesses are related to fuel or a governor. My mower is a Honda HRR2169VYA, serial no. MZCG-8714018 which has performed flawlessly for a couple of years until yesterday when it suddenly began stalling on me half-way through the lawn.

The symptom is that it stalls out when I engage the mower blades. If I let it idle fast or slow it's fine, when I engaged the drive wheels to move it to my work area it ran fine. It's just when I engage the mower blades that it stalls, after which it wants several pulls of the cord to get it to go. It's never required more than two pulls (one except if it's been sitting a long time - we get very little rainfall and I only mow a couple of times a year, but I have about an acre that I mow and may not get it all done in a single day.)

I've downloaded some manuals and the carb sheet and am looking into it this morning. Suggestions are welcome, I'll let you know how it progresses.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Howdy and :mlf: Be sure to start a new thread in the appropriate forum when you get a chance. Thanks for joining! :howdy:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts