My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Lainie and I help run a small engine repair shop in Louisiana. My husband and myself took over a family run business almost 2 years ago and just recently we signed papers and became the owners of the business. We are currently in the process of moving to a new building and changing our company name. There will be LOTS of changes with the all the changes. The business really just needs a little guidance and I plan on doing just that. I am working on a work order checklist that will hopefully help things move a little smoother and faster. I noticed a post about checklist so once I get it typed up and completed i'll post in so that others can use it if they so choose. In our shop we work on a little bit of everything including: riding mower, push mowers, generators, power washers, ATV's, motorcycles, go-carts, edger's, chainsaws, and pretty much anything else with a small engine. Our shop is the only one that does these kinds of repairs in our area so we do pretty good or good enough to keep our doors open anyway. Oh and don't worry I'm no mechanic I stay in the front and keep everything running smoothly, though I have learned to change belts and I do know the difference between air filters, spark plugs, and most anything else that goes on the lawn mowers... I just can fix them.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!! I almost went to work for a small engine guy locally this summer. The lack of healthcare insurance was only reason I didn't! Made a new friend though! Thankfully I took a job that had healthcare as I was found to have Thyroid cancer in November.
Glad to see you here!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF, glad to have you aboard. Congrats on your new adventure, look forward to seeing you around. Be sure to post often. :2th:

·
Registered
650 Posts
welcome , if I were closer to you guys you would have someone loafing there all day....lol...just kidding but welcome to the site

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Hi Lainie, :welcome: to MLF and thanks for joining!!
Thanks for posting the intro and sharing about your business and exciting prospects! That is really cool!

As mentioned, be sure to stick around and post often. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome, sounds like a nice setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts