My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while and now need some advice.
I have a small acreage and have decided to expand my mowing area to part of the hay field and add a garden.
I need a mower capable of mowing perhaps an acre plus plowing my gravel drive in winter ( 100 yds ) and maybe able to grade the gravel occasionally.
I live in the interior of British Columbia.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:welcome: to MLF, thanks for joining!

It sounds like you may be in the market for a garden tractor, something that's heavy duty and able to accept attachments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes
I attempted a post but i don't know where it went. There is not much used here locally and the jd that accepts a hydraulic plow new is a little steep ( the 700 series ? ).
There is one local ad

John Deere 400 Hydro Tractor, Fresh rebuilt 20hp Kohler 2 cyl opposed engine
3 spool hydraulics, dissassembled and rebuilt tractor, new paint and decals
Rebuilt 60" mid PTO driven mower deck.
54" hydraulic dual purpose front snow blade, up & down, side to side hydraulic control
Fresh oils and filters

Should I be afraid of a rebuilt/
it now looks brand new.
What would it be worth. I guess i will expect to pay more with limited local choice.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Welcome to MLF renrak. Glad you decided to join in. Your post may have been held up for a bit as a new member. Please, try the JD forum again.

I would be sure to ask about the rebuild. If it's been done by someone with experience, I wouldn't have a problem with it myself. Others could probably tell you more about what to expect to pay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts