My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a vintage model 8403 commercial. It looks very original has all decals, paint is very good. Show very little wear. I started to mow a bank and running along the side it would die. Like running out of fuel. Put it on flat ground and hit prime it fires right up. I'm thinking the float need adjusted. Any ideas. Sorry about the post not sure how this site works.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Hey there! I turned your post into a thread so that you can get better coverage! Welcome to the forum and enjoy the site!:2th:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
:mlf:
I'm a resident Lawn-Boy guy, Feel free to ask me what questions you may have.

As for your issue, I would check the float first. Old cork floats used in these mowers tend to fall apart and may not be working properly.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
HELP!!

New Member, need help from U seasoned Lawn Boy guys...I have a L-B, the model # & the serial # from the housing plate, are 8403 and B308B0308. I was told by the local X L-B dealer is that their records don't show a serial # chain beginning with B. Of course, I have no reference nor experience that would tell me anything to the contrary. I am interested in buying a mulching plate, and a rear bag kit, do any of U have any advice & counsel??

All info is greatly appreciated...Jim

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hello Jim.

Doing some research it appears that you own a 1984 Commercial model with Blade Bake clutch. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary.. Weird that the local dealer couldn't look it up for you.

In terms of buying a bag and mulch plate, any standard rear bag kit and mulching plate should fit it.

Here are some eBay links to the items you are looking for.

Lawn-Boy Rear bag kit

Lawn-Boy Mulching plate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts