My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
NICE!! I think it looks great! Been thinking of something like this for our snowblower tractors!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Don't bring them stupid things up around here!! LOL We all have had issues with rodents! My father just encountered one making nest in his prized pickup engine bay! Not pleased!

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Registered
480 Posts
My dad used to say looks don't get you down the road. What you have looks like it will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't bring them stupid things up around here!! LOL We all have had issues with rodents! My father just encountered one making nest in his prized pickup engine bay! Not pleased!
I'm on my second seat already.....They wreck everything. Having a couple kitty's helps, but they ruin things too....like drag dead pocket gophers into my boat and such.

I have to remove the plastic shroud around the engine every two weeks to get them out of it before they wreck something.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Even with the nice big windows you might want to hang a couple reflectors on it. If it were mine I'd have a couple LEDs up high on the sides just in case.
Nice work on fitting that to your rider. :cool

Reactions: Norselander

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even with the nice big windows you might want to hang a couple reflectors on it. If it were mine I'd have a couple LEDs up high on the sides just in case.
Nice work on fitting that to your rider. :cool
I agree, reflectors are a must. I pan to put an LED flood light up top. Maybe even a strobe later down the road.

Lots of work left, have to figure out a way to mount my actuator on the snow blower to lift it.....and a window motor for chute control.

I got time though, super el Nino and all....Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No wiper.the windshield is acrylic(scratch easily)....I will eventually get a piece of safety glass, then maybe a wiper. :p

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
All the little things aside I really like it! If I had a need for such here in South Texas I'd might consider, But we don't see much snow here. Can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So here I'm south central Minnesota, we were supposed to get 12" of snow. So I kicked my butt into gear to get this thing operational. Here are some more pics....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Looking like a great job!

Reactions: Norselander

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Not the best video....but it's something. The actuator is pretty slow....but I couldn't justify spending $400 on a faster one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Forgot to mention, we only got about 3" of the 12" we were supposed to get....very disappointed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a pretty sweet get-up there Norse! Great job! It's too bad you couldn't put it to the test...

...however if the pope ever visits your neck of the woods

:ROFL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a pretty sweet get-up there Norse! Great job! It's too bad you couldn't put it to the test...

...however if the pope ever visits your neck of the woods

:ROFL
He'd have to fight my kids for it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts