My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, she started to lose power and stall at about 1/4 to 1/3 full of gas.
Ran fine when higher.

Removed carb: diaphragm and pick up tube look OK. I don't have a lot of experience, but
compression feels good to me. For good measure, changed the spark plug, using a believed
good, but used, spare.

Now she needs about 1/2 tank or higher.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Diaphragm kits are pretty cheap, I would try one since they act as a fuel pump for that motor. Good luck.

Reactions: laser3kw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diaphragm kits are pretty cheap, I would try one since they act as a fuel pump for that motor. Good luck.
Thanks, Grunt. Your comment prompted me to think a bit: When reassembling the carb, I neglected to preload the diaphragm. Have now done so; will learn soon when I next cut, whether that works. If not, I'll certainly try another diaphragm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Grunt. Your comment prompted me to think a bit: When reassembling the carb, I neglected to preload the diaphragm. Have now done so; will learn soon when I next cut, whether that works. If not, I'll certainly try another diaphragm.
Cut grass today; finished with ~1/4 tank of fuel or less with no loss of power or stalling. Preloading worked! Thanks for your comment which helped me recall that I had not preloaded!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts