My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a John Deere LA145 48" and a Husqvarna 46" that I alternate between to cut my 1 acre property. Typically I will have an issue with one of them and I'll use the other until I get around to fixing it. I acquired the JD from the previous owner of my house since I moved from the city to the "country", and didn't own a mower. I found someone nearby selling the Husqvarna for $150 because the rear/transmission became disconnected from the frame, which I fixed by buying two $.50 bolts at the hardware store.

My issue is between these having issues, and the slow cutting speed, I need to move more quickly. I have two small kids and I just need to be able to get the lawn done in under one hour. I want to buy new to get 0% financing and be more trouble free. I had a 2021 Big Dog 54" picked out for $3100 and it was sold before I got to it. Then I found a 2021 Hustler Raptor X 54" for $3300 and it too got sold. OK The big question... the dealer has a 2016 Raptor Limited 52" leftover new in stock with the Kohler 7000 engine for $3100 down from original $3400. Why is this leftover still sitting around after 4+ years? Is it a bad deal? Should I just wait for stock to come back for the 2021 models that are around the same price?

I think the Big Dog mowers had a better warranty, but other than that they seem to be the same mowers. I'm willing to consider any other options, but want USA made.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.