My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a craftsman lt1000 mower. I believe the engine is briggs and stratton. I recently cleaned the carburetor, and during the process, a tiny piece fell out of the plastic part attached to the float (at least I think that's where it came from. it was the only logical place) like i said, this piece is tiny. It's also metal and has what looks like an even smaller o-ring attached. I'd like to know where this goes, as it seems to be able to fit in at least two holes. A cross section of this specific carburetor showing it would be awesome. thanks...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you post a picture?

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I went ahead and moved this into the small engine repair discussion area.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome! Go to Sears.com and enter your 917. number in the repair parts area. It will bring up a cut sheet of tractor. Look for the carb pieces there. Sounds like your float needle end fell off possibly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you post a picture?
Welcome! Go to Sears.com and enter your 917. number in the repair parts area. It will bring up a cut sheet of tractor. Look for the carb pieces there. Sounds like your float needle end fell off possibly.
I'm not sure of the 917 number, nor the part number, name, or anything...Here are some pics of the part...

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
917 number is beginning of YOUR TRACTORS MODEL NUMBER! Use that at sears for parts page.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where does this part go?

I have an LT1000 Craftsman.

1st, How do I find out what model mower it is?
2nd, How do I find out what model the engine is? I believe it's briggs and stratton
3rd, This fell out as I was taking the carburetor apart to clean, but I'm not sure where it goes...I believe it came out of the yellow piece attached to the float...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
686 Posts
1. Look under the seat for an ID plate/sticker. It should have the model and serial number on it.

2. Post a photo. It should also have ID numbers on it and normally they say "Kohler", "B&S", "Tecumseh", "Craftsman", .... in bold letters right on top.

3. Don't know

Photos aren't from an LT1000, just used to give you an idea.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out it's a Briggs and Stratton, Family: ybsxs.5012vp 274826 Model: 31c707

Suggestions on how to find what that part is?

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Why cant I see a Picture???? I can see Kiss4afrogs but not the OP's
Can you see them now? I changed a rogue setting on your account in the control panel that might have caused it. :dunno:

If not send me a PM and we can do some testing over in the test section so we can keep the OP's thread here on topic. ;)

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I found out it's a Briggs and Stratton, Family: ybsxs.5012vp 274826 Model: 31c707

Suggestions on how to find what that part is?
See if you can get this link to open up. There are two pretty good exploded diagrams there of the carbs

Illustrated Parts List

Wondering if the float valve (needle) seats into the mystery part?

·
Registered
58 Posts
fixer

if when you disassembled the carb and float dropped far enough for the needle to drop out of its location then i would say it is the needle seat. when reinstalling o'ring faces out towards float needle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See if you can get this link to open up. There are two pretty good exploded diagrams there of the carbs

Illustrated Parts List

Wondering if the float valve (needle) seats into the mystery part?
Looks to me to be the Nikki carb and the piece is the main jet [117a], ...barely stays in place in center of plastic [item 135]
Home

Whoops..repeated...didn't; see marks post
if when you disassembled the carb and float dropped far enough for the needle to drop out of its location then i would say it is the needle seat. when reinstalling o'ring faces out towards float needle.
Thanks guys! I figured out it was the main jet that was the mystery part...but you mentioned a float needle several times. In looking at the parts list, I didn't even see a float needle. Is that a problem?

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
The float needle is the little thing attached to the float that rides up and down in a seat depending on the float level to let more gas into the carb bowl.

They look kinda like this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts