My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members,

I am the lucky owner of a John Deere LA135 and have to admit I have not been treating it as well as I should have. It was left without protection for two years, summers and winters outside and needs to be treated right.
This is when I searched out this forum. My goal is to refurbish the mower deck (no clue what I will be doing), service the filters and oil (this is easy enough).
So I am hoping to find some answers and maybe some help from you all.

I have volunteered the last 6 years in a no kill animal shelter and had very little time for myself. I did the big step and stopped volunteering for a while (still feel guilty about it) to get some work done at home. Also need tiles in the whole house, make cabinets for the laundry room and... and... and....

The hard part is doing this all round my 5 animals.

Oh yes, if my posts are a bit funny, it may be because I am not a native American :) Thank god for spell checker hihihihihi

Hope to meet you all, but please not all at ones...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm have to figure out where to ask the questions, would hate to mess up the forum with random posts all over the place.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome! Glad you are an animal lover like most of us!

Reactions: wuschelsmom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do you start on working on a lawn tractor?
I guess the deck would be the most important one at the moment. Need to know what paint to use for my John Deere. I seen someone had a special none John Deere black coating, which was so posed to be better!? Or should I go original, any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
We use truck bed liner coating ,then paint it JD yellow! Whatever you want to do, color wise. It is your tractor!! ;)

Reactions: wuschelsmom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric, don't say that to a women or John Deer will sprout a Betty Boob paint job hahahahh

Hmm, why does this sound good :)

Motorhead, thanks for the welcome as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts