My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I'm Corey, nice to meet you! So glad I found this forum through Capstan's fantastic YouTube channel! I'm a long time mower nut, been obsessed since I was a kid! Grew up with 2 stoke Lawn Boys that my dad loved, and eventually I also joined the 4 stroke masses with a few Honda mowers as well. I've had quite a few mowers over the years, and I look forward to being able to share in my little obsession with like minded people! I'm also a huge car guy, and a dedicated Volvo enthusiast as my user name implies :2th:
I'm 27 and I live outside Baltimore MD. I'll post some pics of my current machines when I get a chance to clean them all up!
A rundown of what I currently own is in my sig.
In the past I've had:
Lawn Boys - 2x 10323s, a 8243, a L-series (forget which one), a 5024 brick top, a 8155 (only lawn boy I didn't care for, and it was my first!) and my current 7260g.
Hondas - HR21, HRS21, Harmony HR215, HRR216 (current)

Plus various other mowers and equipment not worth mentioning!

-Corey

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hello Corey & welcome aboard from Michigan! :howdy:

Nice intro!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir!
Here's me circa 1992 with my "1st lawn-boy" haha

Attachments

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Howdy Cory and :mlf: Glad you decided to join. Anytime I've ever been behind the wheel of a Volvo I felt like I was driving the safest car on the road! :2th: I've driven an 08 S40 and really liked it... I've driven an XC90 before and have wanted to own ever since!

Reactions: VolvoCor

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy! I feel quite welcome here already!
Volvos are tanks! They really are the safest cars on the planet. They're incredibly well engineered machines! The new XC90 is a sweet (or rather swede) ride! I highly recommend driving one if you get the chance!
I've owned 3 Volvos and I work at a Volvo dealer. It's pretty much a lifestyle at this point! I've had a1990 245 wagon, a 1996 855 turbo wagon and my current 2007 V50 T5 awd. My current car is just a wagon version of that S40 you drove!

Attachments

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Cool looking wagon! :cool

Volvo's IMO have been making a comeback. Some say they never left.... I felt at one point when they weren't owned by Volvo anymore and picked up by Ford in '99 I think they sort of took a dive. Mainly from a reliabilty point of view. I used to hear from so many after they were bought out they just weren't what they considered a Volvo anymore. But in the last 6-7 years they became more mainstream. With the Twilight movies a new model appeared in every film. They completely redid the S Series and the styling is out of this world sexy!

I saw the commercial for the new XC90 last year and knew it was going to be hot! It's needed a major overall on the exterior design for quite sometime. Not that I didn't like the previous generation it's just they had that body style in production since 2002 and it needed a revamp.

This is awesome! Not only will we be able to talk mowers but you can share your knowledge of Volvo as well!!!! I guess I definitely have to go out and get me one now! :)

Reactions: VolvoCor

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Was cleaning the carb on the Lawn Boy earlier and I snapped a quick pic of the mowers together.
The Honda runs great, I just did new blades, plug, oil and air filter last week. It's my main mower. The Lawn Boy runs well once it's warmed up. This is my first one with the late D engine with the finicky modular carburetor, so I'm still trying to get it to run as well as I want it to. Also it needs 4 new wheels, like any old LB. they wobble like **** :ROFL

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts