My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am "tomlct" - the "ct" is Connecticut. I am an amateur, definitely not a pro, but have enjoyed maintaining & keeping the stuff going a long time. Back in the 80's & 90's, when it was more common for people around here to put out unwanted stuff for trash pickup, I picked up & sold some stuff. At the time, sometimes a Tecumseh-powered mower's worst problem was just a clogged carb.
Currently - a 2002 LawnChief (MTD label for True Value hardware stores) 6 HP Briggs, a mid-80's Snapper Hi-Vac (3.5 Briggs Max), a 1989 Aircap (remember that name?) edger (Tec 3 HP horizontal), a 2003 MTD single stage snow blower with Tec 5 HP, a 2008 Ariens snow blower with a Tec OH195SA, a 2006 MTD chipper/shredder Briggs 6 HP horizontal, and a 1959 Planet Jr. Super Tuffy (Briggs 2 HP horizontal), all running.
The Hi-Vac is a mid-80's model, around 1984, I think, a throwaway in the mid-90's, last year the 3.5 Quantum was finished (a bolt broke, and when I tried to drill it out, I drilled a hole in the case), I found another Briggs Max - new 1989 model - on EBay. Perfect fit, except that the starter rope is in a different place, so left-handed pull.
Next project is to do a decent looking repaint of the deck.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Welcome to MLF. You have a pretty complete line up of equipment there. Glad to have you join us and look forward to hearing from you often.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Hi Tom

Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts