My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. New member. Retired neighbor needs me to fix his ride on mower. Can't seem to find the right part online. Its the assembly kit, Input Shaft 4513, but can't find them anywhere. Would love some help! :) Thanks all, Bill

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome! Post your make/model and all info in the area of brand and we will try to help you best we can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Its a craftsman model 536.270212. Sears 13.5 HP electric start 30" mower / mulcher.

The transmission stopped turning and burnt up the belt. Took it apart and the bearings are trashed in the shaft assembly (pic attached). Need to order new one for him, but all online searching has come up empty.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yessir, Sears has it listed for $127+ and "unavailable"... Gotta be a better way than $127 even if it was in stock! Lol

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Sears changes models frequently, so it is amazing that they can keep up with themselves on the parts end of things. Consider that Sears didn't manufacture any part of that tractor, so there might be the actual name of the transmission's maker stamped somewhere on it. Maybe Tufftorq, Peerless, Dana Spicer, or something similar. I'd start by trying to find the actual manufacturer and then finding the part through another means than Sears.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Sears changes models frequently, so it is amazing that they can keep up with themselves on the parts end of things. Consider that Sears didn't manufacture any part of that tractor, so there might be the actual name of the transmission's maker stamped somewhere on it. Maybe Tufftorq, Peerless, or something similar. I'd start by trying to find the part through another means than Sears. Often times the numbers Sears uses are the actual manufacture's numbers. Like that 4450-1. I did a search using that and found Dana Spicer 4450-1 here, among other places.

Foote Dana Transmission Parts Look-up Diagram - ProGreen Plus | Knoxville, TN | Lawn Mower Parts | Riding Lawn Mower Parts | ServiceProGreen Plus | Knoxville, TN | Lawn Mower Parts | Riding Lawn Mower Parts | Service |

It says that the stuff with the ** is found under key #10, which is that 4513 you mentioned. That, like you said Sears told you , keeps coming up NLA where I look. But...an ended item came up on ebay, and maybe the seller still has it. Worth trying to contact them to see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291355547435

1 - 8 of 8 Posts