My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined MTF yesterday and saw MLF and knew it was where I should be! I have 4 Lawn-Boys, 3 of which are basket cases that I'd really like to get going. A 7265, a 7260, a 7351 and the newest is a 10252 which runs, but isn't my favorite. My dad always had a Lawn-Boy, and now I see why he liked them so much. They're quiet, powerful, and light (at least the older ones with aluminum or magnesium decks).
My dilemma is where to start, or rather, which one to start on first. I think an evaluation will be necessary to determine which is closest to running condition, because I think I will develop confidence as I tackle them one by one, saving the more difficult - or costly - for last. These all came from craigslist and weren't expensive, so I'm willing to invest a few $$ unless there's no hope.
So my first question to the group would be.... Where to begin?! :help:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post away in the forum best matching your machine.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Welcome to MLF! You have quite the problem there, don't you?:2th: You just may have answered your own question though. You have one that runs, but isn't your favorite. So, maybe pick the one that is your favorite, for what ever reasons that might be, and start with it.

We'll look forward to watching your progress, and BTW, we like pictures here.:pics:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to the site! Nice fleet! :2th:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I joined MTF yesterday and saw MLF and knew it was where I should be! I have 4 Lawn-Boys, 3 of which are basket cases that I'd really like to get going. A 7265, a 7260, a 7351 and the newest is a 10252 which runs, but isn't my favorite. My dad always had a Lawn-Boy, and now I see why he liked them so much. They're quiet, powerful, and light (at least the older ones with aluminum or magnesium decks).
My dilemma is where to start, or rather, which one to start on first. I think an evaluation will be necessary to determine which is closest to running condition, because I think I will develop confidence as I tackle them one by one, saving the more difficult - or costly - for last. These all came from craigslist and weren't expensive, so I'm willing to invest a few $$ unless there's no hope.
So my first question to the group would be.... Where to begin?! :help:
Welcome to the Forum!
The 10252 is a SilverPro(steel deck) with the DuraForce 6.5hp engine. Great engine, but they sometimes have surging problems that can be easily corrected. There's a quick, inexpensive repair if yours has the surging problem. There is a thread on here explaining it in detail, or pm me and I will send the info to you. The 7260 and 7265 are D series engines. The 7351 is an F series engine. The F series is considered by many to be the best Lawn-Boy engine ever made, and parts are still readily available. You might consider starting on that one first. Depending on what you need, there are a few members in the Indianapolis area, including me, that may be able to help you with parts for your projects. A word of caution though. It's easy to end up with more dollars invested in these mowers than what you can sell them for. So, unless you plan on keeping them indefinitely, you would be better served to find decent running ones on Craigslist or your local paper.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts