My Lawnmower Forum banner

NEW JD Lawn Tractor?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wayne195 
#1 ·
Hey all-

I am new to the forum but have been lingering for a while. I have been waiting for my sears lawn tractor to finally give out...and she did after 20+ years. So i am now looking to buy a JD. I have been to the JD dealer in my area but I am having a tough time deciding between two models...

The two models are the D140 and the D170. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these models? Other than the different deck size and engine size does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

ANY input is much appreciated!

Thanks

JIm

#2 ·
:welcome:Welcome to the forum Jim!

Sorry, I don't have any first hand experience with the two models that you are looking at, but maybe I can share a few helpful facts on the differences I see in the two tractors. The first difference between the two models is that the D140 have the Tuff Torq T40 transmission and the D170 has the Tuff Torq HD K46 trans. The trans in the D170 would be considered slightly better then that of the D140, but unless you will be using it on a significant incline the difference will not mean much to you. If you were planning to be using you tractor for snowblowing or plowing I would reccommend a larger unit, but if you will only be mowing the lawn you're basically looking at two very similar tractors. Hopefully someone else here can give you some more specific incite.

I hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.