My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new guy here. I'm on a couple other mower forums and thought I'd hop into this one as well. I'm partial to older (pre 1990) snappers but I can appreciate pretty much all old equipment. I've collecting mowers since 2008 and have pretty much all of the snappers I've been looking for, and a nice old Honda too. Plus some other things. Looking forward to the new forum!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Hi Snapperfreak, thanks for joining!

You're going to fit right in here. There's quite a few Snapper guys here and we all love discussing old equipment. We'll have to see some photos of your collection when you get a chance to post up some pics.

Looking forward to seeing you around! If you have any questions about navigating the forum, let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hello Snapperfreak & welcome to The Site!! :howdy:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Say! That screen name sounds familiar. Sure glad to see you join us here on MLF. I know you'll like it here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yep I'll compile some pics of my equipment soon. Always like posting that! Yessir bwdbrn1, I'm onboard here now too!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome, got a few Snappers myself that need a new home.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, it's good to be on here. Yes I will get pics up soon, I too am a big fan of pics! I'll probably jump into some older posts here and there, been searching around today as I've had time and found some interesting posts.

Reactions: motorhead12

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ok I'm still working out the bugs here as far as posting pics are concerned. Sorry about the sideways pic here, I'll get better I promise. But here's just a pic of my favorite equipment: the Snapper 21500PC and 21R00PC, Honda HR194SX, Echo SRM2100, SRM2400, PB231LN and HC1500, and PowerTrim model 150. I have many other Snappers though that I'll get some better pics of and get on here.

Snapperfreak's.jpg

Reactions: snowworks

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Good looking lineup you have there! :2th:

Sometimes if you post using a phone it can turn the photos like that. I use an editing software on the PC to resave the photos in the proper orientation and it seems to resolve that. My favorite is Irfanview. It also lets you resize and reduce the file size so they load faster for folks on slow internet connections.

snapperfreakfleet.jpg

Click for larger view.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Mark!, I found an app for my phone to resize pics and reduce their size. I'll keep playing around with it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 35082

Ok not sure if this is better but I resized it down to 800x600. Still trying to figure out how to load more than one image. I'm a bit tech challenged. I'll keep working on it. Anyway, here's one of two racks I built in the garage. It's a 10x40 detached unit and the back half is mower stuff, leaving the front half available to park in. But so to keep them all in there I had to build up. This side has the 3 robins below and 3 Briggs above. The robins all run great but the ones on top need carb work so on the back burner they sit.

Attachments

Reactions: snowworks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
image.jpeg

Here's the other side. Below are the two 21500PCs and above are two Tecumsehs. One has the bbc, pretty cool although I prefer the roto-stop on the Honda. Smoother and the little Tecumseh is under powered for the bbc. Would be better on a robin.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Snapperfreak from MI. I also like Snapper mowers. I have had a few and still own a few. I just do not bag my grass. I'll get a pic of the ones I let go this fall. But they did go to another Snapper guy so I was not to upset.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool deal snowworks, and thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Snapper

Snapperfreak With all the pic of the mowers you have looks like you will fit in well with the rest of us!!! Nice Collection!! I really like the Snapper deck it is the best suction for bagging I have used!! The drive on the self propelled is easy to repair and really bullit proof. Just make sure the the gear box grease does not have water in it.. I have had to change the drive disc because the bearing was rusty.
Here is the 5 of the Snappers I sold this fall. The second one in was the Commerical one with the 5hp I/C Briggs on it. I think you have one like it. I see the handle has a higher mount from the deck. Then one piece handle from there. The first one had the Briggs MAX motor. Not to many of them. One of them had a Tecumseh on it. I think that is the only one I ever had with the Tecumseh. Those were all steel decks. I kept the aluminum decks and I think they were just Briggs 4hp. Some push some SPP. The local guy I sold them to was happy to get the Commerical one. He restores them and keeps ones he likes. Glad they went to a good home..
There is a difference between the black bags and the white bags. They do not interchange, correct?? Black bags for the later models and white for the ones we are discussing here.. Was that break at 1990?? as you had metioned.. Is there any aftermarket maker for the white bags?? :2th:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts