My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and girls)..
This is my 1st post. Just wanted to say hi and ask a question.
I live in NH. While cutting the grass 2 days ago my D140 tractor just stopped moving forward or backward.
After much searching and a phoine call to JD, I found the top belt that is under the seat was not on the pully. It was jambed between the pully and the fall wheel.
It is in one of those locations that you really can't access. What a pain.
Anyway--my question--Is this a common problem with these tractors. It seems to have just slip[ped off the pully and got stuck for no particular reason.
I hate to think that it is going to happen every few times I cut the grass. Jeeze.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No it is not a common problem but get it to the dealership as it may have a defective part or two on it. Reasons could include a bad part from the supplier or damage in shipping. You paid for a JD with a warranty and should expect it to be corrected correctly. Internet posts are not going to help you with this problem. Roger

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum, merc! I certainly haven't heard of this problem with your model before; like rhenning has stated, it may be due to a defective part or just one of those rare things that happens once in a blue moon. If you purchased your tractor at a JD dealer they better stand good for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts