My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have a 2002 scotts L2548 riding mower. recently the electric
clutch went out, and i replaced it. now it wont engage. i have bypassed everything and put jumper wires from the clutch straight to the battery. when i do this the clutch engages. any ideas on what to check next. it does not seem to be getting power to the clutch. thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check input and output at the switch with a DVM. If voltage is okay, check at the plug near the clutch. Sounds like maybe a bad wire, or ground connection.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Additional thought: Maybe seat or other safety switch is preventing clutch engagement. You might try jumping those out just to eliminate a variable, but I'm still leaning toward a supply wire issue. 99% of the time, if you encounter a new problem, it's a result of what you just messed with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have tried jumping the seat switch. i will check input and output on the switch. i was leaning towards a wire or something too. just cant figure it out. thanks for the reply.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Check input and output at the switch with a DVM. If voltage is okay, check at the plug near the clutch. Sounds like maybe a bad wire, or ground connection.
+1,

I would check the voltage at the switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts