My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:howdy:Hello everyone, Well I just aquired a 111 from an Aunt which she no longer needed. Mostly good shape, the Ex said it ran last year, looks like her Ex "Modified" the wiring harness some . Not sure of the year yet, I just picked it up yesterday, so let the fun begin.
Plans.....Get it running,,,, install a new wiring harness, if I can locate one, then continue to make it look great while still using it..
He put a push button started button on it and looks like an Ameter on the Battery hold down?? was that an addition or ir is original??
I will post a picture tomorrow or as sson as I can..

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum, mreese, and congratulations on the JD 111!

I'll be looking forward to seeing some photos of it soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here it is ,, slow start to getting it going work has been mad house. the PO has a push button mounted near the ignition switch which operates the starter only and that looks to be a butchered wire harness from some where and also an Ammeter added on the battery hold down, so I still have to sort those out,, this weekend after my son's Eagle Scout Ceremony I will be attacking it

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Neat machine, thanks for the photo! I've always liked the sturdy feeling of the 111's. The hood and everything just has a nice heavy feel to it compared to a lot of the newer machines of today.

Good luck on the project and keep us updated! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it runs pretty good!!! took the deck off to start the cleaning and all , got it running took around the yard a few times. Compared to the LA1?0 my inlaws have and the Murray it is replacing, like night and day difference, very smooth , although a bit more tippy on my couple of steep areas I have, but that was with out the deck so....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts