My Lawnmower Forum banner

New guy here

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark / Ohio 
#1 ·
Well a little about me I have always been into tractors all my life I have three in the garage and my wife says no more. My oldest tractor is a 1972 sear compact with an 8hp Briggs on it and one of these day I will have it running and doing work with it I also have an older simplicity. And another craftsman with an 18hp Briggs twin it used to have an 18.5hp Briggs but it broke a rod. I would like to collect older tractor Oliver's cockshuts but I don't have the money for the big one so Ill just keep playing with the little ones . I like to weld and make things different thing to make yard work easier. So that's a little bit about me and I'm also from ohio

#5 ·
Welcome to MLF! Look forward to hearing more about that Compact, I've got a '74 Suburban SS16 myself. Your Compact and the Suburban are from a time when things were made to last. I know what you mean about being able to afford the bigger tractors. I can't either so a few years back I painted a little '68 MTD 700 Oliver green.:2th:

#6 ·
:welcome: to MLF, Aftershock!

Looking forward to following the progress on your Sears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.