My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names Ricky and i just picked up a 1998 Troy-Bilt not sure on what the model is (i think its a Tuffy) It has an 18.5 H Intek B&S engine not sure what the tranny is but its an 8 Speed lol

Anyway i figured i would stop by and say Hey!!!!! and introduce myself!!!!!

i dont know much about mowers but i wanna learn and maybe even help some people out Myself!!!

Heres a few pics of my mower

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im planning on using this mainly for Playing and Trail riding..

Im gonna be doing a pully swap for better speed and such... Anybody have any other Good and simple mods i could do to help go through mud or sand???

Oh and is there a Inexpensive way to upgrade the steering???? cuz i really dont like the idea of going over 10 MPH and having the 3 or 4 Inches of play it has... Any ideas on that as well????

·
Administrator
6,291 Posts
... Anybody have any other Good and simple mods i could do to help go through mud or sand???..
Others have swapped out the rear turf tires for either the AG type bar tread or ATV style tires.

Don't know on the steering other then to go through it and replace the parts such as the tie rod swivel joints that are showing wear. That would likely tighten it up for a start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:welcome: to the forum MvZiC MaN! :howdy:

The Troy-Bilt looks to be in good shape. :cool
It actually is in great shape... Only payed $100 for t cuz it didnt have a blade deck and needed a new starter

Others have swapped out the rear turf tires for either the AG type bar tread or ATV style tires.

Don't know on the steering other then to go through it and replace the parts such as the tie rod swivel joints that are showing wear. That would likely tighten it up for a start.
I was thinking maybe ATV tires and ill look into locating some swivel joints for it 2mrrw if i remember hopefully that will help it!! thanks for the advice

·
Super Moderator
6,139 Posts
Welcome to MLF MvZiC MaN. I think you might be our first member to make a mudder out of his tractor.:cool Yep, I've seen others that put ATV tires on the back, and seems I've seen something a little more aggressive on the front too.

We want to see your progress so post lots of pictures.:pics:

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Welcome to MLF! :) Thank you for posting the pics of your new machine, it looks like it's in nice shape.

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
And I love pictures to so ill be sure to post Tons of them!!!! as it Progresses
:ThumbUp::ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Welcome!!! :howdy:

I got friends in Port Charlotte

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.