My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am the owner of a Honda riding mower and a John Deere push mower in central Ohio. I'd like to learn more so that I can make wise decisions about selling, buying, and having my equipment repaired. Thank you for your patience.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF, Becky!

It sounds like you've got two very nice mowing machines. Let us know how we can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Austen! Both are very nice and well-maintained but one is only two years old and the other is about seventeen, though it is in excellent condition. I am going to have to look into selling it and buying a replacement. The Honda 4514 riding mower appears to need a new timing belt and my 81 year old dad, who kept a Bolens running for at least 30 years, is just not up to removing the engine and dealing with all that. It'll have to be a new rider, since I do not do repairs and do not want to keep asking my dad (or pushing 1/2 acre). This is the part where the wisdom of others would be very much appreciated.

I plan to learn some maintenance from my dad so I can at least keep that part going on my own for the JD and whatever rider I end up with. Hoping that tips from here will also help with that.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF Becky, nice to have you. :) I'm sure you will get the information and help you need for any repairs and making any decisions on purchasing a new mower. Be sure to browse the forums and you may find additional information there as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another Becky in Ohio. We have one of those here (my Daughter)
Welcome, you found a nice group of people here. I am sure they can help you with whatever you need.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
:welcome:

Have a good time on here!!!!

We like :pics: too :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Welcome to the family Becky, glad to have you join us. It's a bit unusual for someone to have a Honda rider and John Deere walk behind. Most often it's the other way around.

I'm sure from your visits that you are aware that we here at MLMF like pictures, so hope you can snap a few of that Honda and John Deere for us to admire.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Greetings. How big is the area to be mowed? What kind of terrain is to be mowed? Do you have a budget, yet? There are a lot of options, depending on what your needs are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts