My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been a lawnmower fan since I was a kid cutting my dad's lawn and my grandfather's lawn with an unknown brand but super sharp push mower. Later I got to use my grandpa's Rio reel power mower. That was really cool. Since then I've used a variety of mowers, my favorite was a commercial brand I can't remember, I think it was "Sensation". Now I mow 5 acres, less an acre or so occupied by cedar trees, with a JD 930A w/mulch kit. It's a great mower for me, easy to handle and leaves no straglers.

I hope I'll be able to start spending more time with you all.

·
1,329 Posts
DCNMA, Welcome to MLF:welcome: we are happy to have you with us. enjoy all the forums and post often.
I am restoring a REO,1951 now. my first one ever. Do you have any old pics of the REO? Or any pics as far as that go's, :sidelaugh We like pics :pics:
:howdy:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I know of no pictures of the old Rio. The one my grandpa had, had to be a '56 or '57. Restoring one sounds like a great project and it would be good to see pictures when you finish.

I will post some pictures!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
:welcome:Welcome DCNMA to the forum. Sounds like you may longing for days gone by. You may have to start searching for one to restore, they are out there! Anyways, enjoy your time here and enjoy the forums and we look forward to seeing the old pics you have. :ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:welcome: to MLF, DCNMA!

Thanks for the introduction! It sounds like you are a long time lawn mowing enthusiast who has had the experience using a variety of mowers from all generations. :cool

I look forward to getting to know you better! Enjoy your time here.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcoming messages. I look forward to spending more time here.

(I can't wait for the snow to melt and for the grass to green up and start growing!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts