My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I'm sort of a low-rent guy. With that, I'm usually working trying to bring some old broken thing back to life so I can use it again.

I've learned a few things this year
#1) You're gonna pay, one way or the other, you're gonna pay. Buy new and pay the dealer or buy old and pay in time and skinned knuckles. :(

#2) Orient your storage/tractor tent door towards north. That way snow doesn't melt during the day, get into the zipper fabric and freeze at night. During the blizzard. In the dark. With bare hands. With a light that won't aim at the zipper pull.
:mad:
#3) It's the cheapest part that breaks first so, when trouble shooting look for the cheapest thing first.

That's all I've got.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Newbie here. I'm sort of a low-rent guy. With that, I'm usually working trying to bring some old broken thing back to life so I can use it again.

I've learned a few things this year
#1) You're gonna pay, one way or the other, you're gonna pay. Buy new and pay the dealer or buy old and pay in time and skinned knuckles. :(

#2) Orient your storage/tractor tent door towards north. That way snow doesn't melt during the day, get into the zipper fabric and freeze at night. During the blizzard. In the dark. With bare hands. With a light that won't aim at the zipper pull.
:mad:
#3) It's the cheapest part that breaks first so, when trouble shooting look for the cheapest thing first.

That's all I've got.
Hi Marcintosh! Welcome to the forum. If you like rebuilding stuff, or, like me,
have to buy stuff cheap and repurpose it, you'll fit in here.
I disagree with #1 (doesn't take into account the fun of rebuilding stuff.)
#2 is right on the money.
I gotta go with you on #3 90% of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts