My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a troy bilt pony. i bought the plow for it and now i am ready to put back on the lawn mower since winter is done with. I installed everything but i can not figure out where the pto spring goes. This is the last part that needs to be connected and i am totally lost. Does anyone know where this spring hooks up to? It says the deck idler bracket but i am lost. I also have another smaller spring that i can't remember where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't answer your question without the model number but may I make a suggestion to all who work on there own mowers. When removing a spring or almost any other parts, put a small wire tie thru any hole. Masking tape and black magic markers are very handy to have around also. Use them to get back to where you started. I have learned the hard way that you just can't remember where every little part goes. The wire ties have helped me maintain my sanity (maybe).

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
I've also started taking photos with my digital camera while taking things apart. I'm generally ok as long as I get it back together the same day. But extend that out to a week or more and my mental pictures start to get fuzzy anymore. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts