My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here own a 2012 craftsman RER 1000? I am needing a pic of the deck to locate where the idler pulley spring goes. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's close, I have the correct parts diagram, but again it does not show where the spring goes and I am hoping someone has this mower and can take a look for me. I have found thru google search where others are looking for this same answer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ranger in order to find any real information on the mower you'll be needing a model number. I found #29000 and searched searspartsdirect.com and that number returns a chipper/shredder.
On the deck I assume that it's been assembled and used for some time. Close examination of the idler fulcrum arm should reveal the pulling point for the spring and wear at that point should correspond to the spring's hook. Somewhere at an angle near 90* from the line created by the hinge point and that spring angle should reveal a hole somewhere in the deck far enough for normal spring extension. In other words about 2" longer than the spring is fully relaxed.
Hook the spring onto the idler moving arm and ask yourself where you'd want to sit if you were in fact a tension spring.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Hey, if you do get it figured out, take pictures of it for MLF and any future owners who might have the same question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the model number is 247.25000, this is a 2012 model from sears, MTD built it and I called them, they were no help, I did put the spring on the rear pully belt keeper and it works at that point, there are no wear marks to show where it has been nor any holes for the spring to go in on the end opposite the idler pulley, this is my neighbors mower and they said the deck has never engaged in deck position 4 nor 5, but it does now, so again the spring was never installed correctly to begin with, which led to me joining this forum and searching the web and calling MTD, I have it where it works perfectly, but still don't think it is at its originally intended spot or its missing a spring attachment or something. I will try and get a photo when I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts