My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to find out if I can change my drive pulley to a smaller one to increase my speed only it's hydro. and have heard that it only works on manual transaxle not on hydro transaxle. we own six lawn tractors and two zero turn in our collection

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hello Trike, I believe it is possible. You have to find the proper pulley to fit hydros splines. Best bet is to remove it and compare it to new ones at Tractor supply or other store. Then issue is what belt length to run!
Good luck!

Reactions: trike

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Not quite sure, geared would simply turn the output gears faster increasing the speed but on the hydro speed is increased by a series of swash plates angles changing allowing more or less fluid to turn the impeller and gears. I don't know if the increased speed of the input pulley would increase the fluid flow or not as their may be valves that only allow a certain amount of fluid to flow and thus creating an over pressure of fluid elsewhere.
Might be a good experiment if you have the means and I would like to know just because! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts