My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I recently found this place and now I'm seeking your help for one of my Hondas. This one is the "HHR2168VYA" (purchase from Home Depot), this is my second season with it. Great mower that I love, but seems my "throttle level assembly" is stripped, the cable have come off the lever and I can't seem to get it reconnected.

The Honda stealership here wants to charge me $200+ to fix it:soap:, just wanted to see if anyone have a diagram for the cable connection and any advice on buying only the lever, or the get the whole "TLA". Going this route, I still don't understand why the "stealership" wants to charge that much labor. It's time I learn how to service my own.

The good thing about this, I have my original Honda I bought about 8 yrs ago, that puppy is cutting like a champ, got to love those "HONDAS"

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well it goes ilke this.
You chose to get the mower from a big box store thus depriving the dealer from a retail profit.
As you have not done him any favours he is reluctant to do you any favours.
The residents of India call it Karma.

There is a few hours of work to pull the old one off & fit a new one so you will get charged the full price labour fee by the "stealer" who see you as exactly the same "stealer" full well of the knowledge that even if he fixed it for free you would still go & buy your next mower from what ever cream skimmer gives you the cheapest possible price.

Of course you could always take it back to Home Depo for a warrantee claim, provided you kept all of the original packaging so can repack it exactly the same as when you bought it and don't mind waiting 10 weels for them to ship it back to Honda & Honda to return it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi guys,
I recently found this place and now I'm seeking your help for one of my Hondas. This one is the "HHR2168VYA" (purchase from Home Depot), this is my second season with it. Great mower that I love, but seems my "throttle level assembly" is stripped, the cable have come off the lever and I can't seem to get it reconnected.

The Honda stealership here wants to charge me $200+ to fix it
Step 1. Share the full serial number with me, and I'll see where you are with the factory 3-year warranty. Serial number is in the form of "MXXX-1234567" and is on the back upper area of the mower deck.

Step 2. Share your ZIP code with me; let's see what Honda dealers are in your area who can provide service for the mower

Step 3. If you think the failure of the throttle is a factory defect, it'd be worth it to have a dealer render an opinion. While it reads like you may have already done this, just want to be sure, especially if there is any factory warranty remaining on the mower.

Step 4. If the dealer says "not covered" but you disagree, Honda Customer Relations is there to help get it resolved. (770) 497-6400

Step 5. If you wish to DIY repairs, I can help with a few tips/diagrams and steer you to some parts sources, as well as where to get a factory shop manual (VERY helpful and worth every penny, especially when learning how to do your own service).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the response guys,
bwdbrn1, that is the item in question (the throttle assembly on the far right of the diagram)

bertsmobile, I agree about karma, but I do have a relationship (had) with this "stealership". My faithful Honda that is doing the job now is from them along with a couple of trimmers and hedge trimmer. They performed all my service needs. I really think there's some internal things happening over there, but they will see me again.

[email protected], if it's okay, I will "pm" you later the info you ask. I most likely will do this repair myself.

Again, thanks for the quick response and advice. I really appreciate the help.

Have a great day:2th:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts