My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. I was looking on Craigslist for LawnBoys for sale. I came across this 7260F. The guy is local, about 15 minutes away. I contacted him, he want's $100.00. What do you guys think? Is $100.00 worth it? This mower would be a regularly used one for my yard. Is this a quality mower?

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just read the small print on the screen shot and I'd say it's worth 100 bucks easy. I would go check it out since you are so close and if it runs good with no issues, like fuel tank leaks, or excess vibe from a bent crank then I'd say buy it. It's a classic Lawnboy.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I agree!! Worth $100.00 if the deck has no cracks or missing pieces, all the original parts are there, and it starts and runs good. 1976 model with the D-409 engine. 32:1 mix. 21" push model. Well worth checking out. Bill
Not a fan of the treaded tires on the front. If I had that mower it would need to have matching triangle wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Triangle Wheels

These are no longer available from Lawnboy. The numbers did not change but the wheels are mostly flat with three raised ribs. They are the new style. You can find the old style on eBay, mostly used, but they are sometimes pricey. Check any dealers for mowers they are parting out. Bill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seems like a well kept and maintained machine! It sure looks clean in the pics!
I'd day its easily worth the $100. I paid $60 for my 7260G a few months back and its clean/runs great but its not nearly as mint as the one you found!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts