My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a early model (4181E94) serial (0339S01374) statesman. I'm assuming these numbers are like a vehicles V.I.N. numbers, the tag has Roper on the upper left and was built by Outdoor Power Equipment from Orangeburg, SC, any info would be appreciated.
It sat in my grandmothers garage for about 10 years. I (her grandson) decided to get it running again and after a new battery/starter/and solenoid it fired right up. parts are relatively easy to find (replaced a head gasket last week) prrrrrrs like new again!!!! I'm looking for a wiring harness part# 121166X, but everything comes up obsolete is there an alternative?
Also the battery wont hold a charge, need help so I don't go buying parts I don't need... stator, voltage regulator, relay switch, wiring harness????
Thanks for any and all info

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
You might try Ebay for a harness or consider making one yourself. Make sure all your connections are clean and tight before replacing components.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hello timberwolf, what is wrong with the harness to need replacement? Might be easier to repair normally. Your machine is the same as a Craftsman GT18. I had one. Maybe a picture of the wiring area that is damaged can help. As for your charging issue, have you checked the voltage at battery when running? It should be 12.5-14v I believe. You may have a dirty connection is all! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts