My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a good portion of my ratchet collection. Started saving/collecting them when I was quite young. I just marveled at their mechanics.....so much cooler than a wrench, IMO :cool

Craftsman 1/4"

Craftsman 3/8"

Craftsman 3/8"

Craftsman 1/2"

Snap-On 1/4" & 3/8"

Snap-On 1/2"

S-K and some pretty old Craftsman

Various brands of 1/4" & 3/8"

Various brands of 1/2"

3/4" drives, Snap-on, Williams, K-D and S-K

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Those are neat! I especially love the vintage round ones. There's a lot of styles from other eras that I hadn't seen before.

Do you still use them on occasion?

Thanks for sharing these with us.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool, Ellis :cool

I see some very old antiques in your collection as well!
Those are neat! I especially love the vintage round ones. There's a lot of styles from other eras that I hadn't seen before.

Do you still use them on occasion?

Thanks for sharing these with us.
Thanks guys. The earliest are from the 30's. I'm still missing the very earliest C series Craftsman(1932). I do have a post war Snap-On that there are only two known(one besides mine). And yes Austen I do use them. I tend to like the ones from the 50's to 70's. Great mechanisms and high quality materials. I have a lot more, but they are part of sets.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
LOL Ellis, being a old mechanic brings memories! I still have my tool box, you will see it in garage pictures! I never collected the tools per say. I used them!
Enjoyed seeing some of the ones I owned/own!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That's an impressive collection Ellis and I like the fact you have them all neatly organized too.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I like the fact you have them all neatly organized too.
I meant to comment on that too; yes, everything is very organized.

My box doesn't stay like that for long. :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
That's a lot of eye candy for the tool guy in all of us! Not everyone can appreciate the beauty in those. Thanks for sharing that.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. It's not quite like baseball cards, etc. You don't meet a lot of fellow collectors, lol. But I really enjoy searching for, and finding, new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Very nice. I still have the Craftsman tool set my parents gave me for Christmas in 1976.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts