My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 18 year old MTD 22" mower needed to be replaced so I finally purchased a Toro Personal Pace 22" Recycler from MAC Equipment Co. I splurged and got the electric start which I hope doesn't develop issues along the way too soon. If there's anyone on the forum that has the same mower and has any advise on what to watch out for please any advise would be well appreciated!

I just got it [the Toro] last week and was able to mow my lawn yesterday with it. Wow, the Personal Pace self propelled feature is fantastic! I've never had a self propelled walk behind mower before and I see it as a staple for me from now on - would be hard to go back from here. I've also not had a Toro engine before either but there's always a first time. I've also not had a mower engine that doesn't have an oil drain on the bottom of the engine. In addition, I've not had a walk behind mower that has a battery I need to maintain for the electric start but that's what I get for splurging I guess.

I also purchased a MoJack to lift and hold up the front end of my Toro so I can get to the blade and clean the deck. I used to just hook the handle of my MTD under a piece of bent re-bar that was stuck in the ground. I'll still use the bent re-bar for my weed mower but the new Toro will only see the MoJack. If you're interested in the MoJack you can order one from Home Depot for $20. I just got the MoJack today so I haven't been able to use it yet but it looks to be well made and I'm sure it'll be well worth it. I considered making a lift like the MoJack but it was just too easy to purchase it from Home Depot.

toro_01.jpg

toro_02.jpg

toro_03.jpg

toro_04.jpg
Kenneth

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Congrats on the new toys!!

It sounds like the Toro will be quite an upgrade from what you used previously. :cool It sure looks great. Keep us posted on it!

Nice stand too! It will sure come in handy when performing maintenance.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I think you'll really enjoy your new Toro with all it's features. I have an electric start Honda, and it is sure nice to just turn the key and go.

I've never seen one of those MoJack things before. I'll be interested in hearing how you like it compared to the bent rebar.:2th:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Hey Kenneth,
Thanks for the link to that MoJack left.
Knew they were available for the big rider mowers, but didn't know that small ones were around.:cool
Just ordered one from Home Depot on-line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Kenneth,
Thanks for the link to that MoJack left.
Knew they were available for the big rider mowers, but didn't know that small ones were around.:cool
Just ordered one from Home Depot on-line.
You're very welcome regarding the link to MoJack. Yeah, I have a riding mower MoJack as well. That's where I came across the unit for the walk behind mowers. Funny, I asked about this particular walk behind lift at a couple different equipment suppliers (even where I purchased my new Toro) and no one had even heard of it. Got the comment from one man "I've been in the business thirty years and I've never heard of MoJack!" Well, I like keeping my mower blades as sharp as I can get them and both the MoJack lifts I have make the job of getting under the deck a whole lot easier. Here's the one I have for my riders. I've since removed the hand crank handle and have opted to use the provided 1/4" drill chuck hole to raise and lower the mowers with a hand drill - much easier on me and faster by far.

X320mojack.jpg
Kenneth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize, I failed to mention that if you guys want this MoJack from Home Depot you'll have to order it from Home Depot online just as DaHen has done.

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and especially the info on the MoJack. Looks really handy for getting under those mowers.... As far as the Toro Personal Pace..... My parents have one and it hasn't given them one lick of problems over the 3 years they've owned it. It started out as mine and I followed the maintenance schedule per the manual for the first oil change. After that it went to them and they've been doing the maintenance on it every season and it still starts on the first turn of the key. The battery is still holding up and they've had zero problems out of the drive system. You should get many years of service out of it. I don't know about 22 like your last, but as good as you take care of your mowers it wouldn't surprise me! Good luck and Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pictures and especially the info on the MoJack. Looks really handy for getting under those mowers.... As far as the Toro Personal Pace..... My parents have one and it hasn't given them one lick of problems over the 3 years they've owned it. It started out as mine and I followed the maintenance schedule per the manual for the first oil change. After that it went to them and they've been doing the maintenance on it every season and it still starts on the first turn of the key. The battery is still holding up and they've had zero problems out of the drive system. You should get many years of service out of it. I don't know about 22 like your last, but as good as you take care of your mowers it wouldn't surprise me! Good luck and Thanks for sharing!
You're very welcome for the information on the MoJack. Good to hear about your (and now your parents) Personal Pace Toro. Yes, I hope to get a lot of use out of this Toro and yes I'm a firm believer that if you take of your machines they'll take care of you.

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I bought my first Toro last season and it's been great, I'm sure you'll get a lot of good use from your Toro. There's no doubt that a good mower makes mowing more fun!

I never heard about any of the MoJacks, I'm gonna see if there's one for my ZTR. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought my first Toro last season and it's been great, I'm sure you'll get a lot of good use from your Toro. There's no doubt that a good mower makes mowing more fun!

I never heard about any of the MoJacks, I'm gonna see if there's one for my ZTR. Thanks
I do believe you can use the MoJack lift for your ZTR. The John Deere Mojack I have has a lift capacity of 500 lbs. I'm sure it will work for you.

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
congrats Kenneth, hope your toro mower holds up as long as mine has. mine was purchased new in '02 but no personal pace or electric start. I got my mom an electric start craftsman about ten years ago but she never used the electric start and yard work at her house is my job now days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts