My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this one up yesterday in Gaylord, mi. and rode it the 230 miles home. its a 2006 Honda st1300a with the pan European trunk. it had 25151 miles on it when I picked it up. the po put a sony cd player in the left fairing pocket

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Sweet ride there William. How'd it do on your ride home from Gaylord?

Hey, if you like BBQ, and you are up in the Gaylord area again, there's a place called Loui Loui's that's got some of the best brisket I've ever had.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet ride there William. How'd it do on your ride home from Gaylord?

Hey, if you like BBQ, and you are up in the Gaylord area again, there's a place called Loui Loui's that's got some of the best brisket I've ever had.
its not a Goldwing but it did very good on the ride home. my only complaint was the bridgestone tires, they are squirrely on grooved pavement but not to worry I don't buy bridgestone tires and these will have to be replaced even though they look pretty new

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Looks like it should be a good cruiser.

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it should be a good cruiser.
I don't know smitty, this thing likes to go kinda fast. I rode up to flint, mi. and it has a very good ride at 80mph and above. it won't replace the Goldwing but it will get some serious miles put on it

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice bike! Congrats!! I'm sure it eats up the miles in comfort.

That'll be a nice one to have in the fleet with your Goldwings. :cool

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had a lotta Hondas. Small Hondas, medium and big ones. I've ridden many many miles on them. They are reliable. They're not perfect. Honda manufactured some minor flaws I've had to contend with, but they're wonderful motorcycles. Good, reliable, fun to operate. I'm not familiar with your new bike but it looks to be very similar to a police variant the local cops use here. I asked one of them one time how he likes working on the Honda as opposed to the traditional Police Harley. He told me that for every day, day in and day out duty, it had to be the Honda hands down. He said he would rather be on the Honda any day, but for parade duty or something similar in the public, they use Harleys. He said it was because of the Harley "cool" factor with the crowds.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just picked this one up yesterday in Gaylord, mi. and rode it the 230 miles home. its a 2006 Honda st1300a with the pan European trunk. it had 25151 miles on it when I picked it up. the po put a sony cd player in the left fairing pocket
I owned a 2001 ST1300A, a '97 ST1100A and a '93 ST1100A. That V-4 engine is a smooth, powerful and reliable power plant. The ST is an ideal 2-up machine if you don't need all the extra capacity, bells-n-whistles of the Gold Wing. Best of all, the ST handles exceptionally well, and you can really lean it over with confidence.

Does your ST have the linked ABS brakes? They are a real bacon-saver, and I don't think I'd ever want a road bike without 'em.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I owned a 2001 ST1300A, a '97 ST1100A and a '93 ST1100A. That V-4 engine is a smooth, powerful and reliable power plant. The ST is an ideal 2-up machine if you don't need all the extra capacity, bells-n-whistles of the Gold Wing. Best of all, the ST handles exceptionally well, and you can really lean it over with confidence.

Does your ST have the linked ABS brakes? They are a real bacon-saver, and I don't think I'd ever want a road bike without 'em.
yes sir Robert, my st 1300 has ABS and linked brakes
the 1500 wing is a fine handling bike if you are not afraid of it but it doesn't compare with the ST

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice bike! Congrats!! I'm sure it eats up the miles in comfort.

That'll be a nice one to have in the fleet with your Goldwings. :cool
well Austen to tell the truth I really haven't ridden it all that far. a friend took me to pick it up and he rode it home for me cause I forgot my boots. it was 48* and I wasn't riding in shoes plus we hit some rain on the way back. despite the weather he loved all 230 miles and I'm about 100 miles shy of what he put on it.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Good deal! I'll bet you've already got a good inaugural ride planned in the near future. You'll have to give us a more in depth report once you do. :cool

Speaking of Goldwings, it just now occurred to me that I've never ridden one before. I've ridden a lot bikes but not a Goldwing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Heck! When you said Scooter I was expecting a moped!:ROFL:sidelaugh
Congrats on the new wheels! It looks like a sweet ride! :2th:
PS I would never get a street bike without ABS! Saved my butt a few times already!!
Honda 550S was my first bike!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good deal! I'll bet you've already got a good inaugural ride planned in the near future. You'll have to give us a more in depth report once you do. :cool

Speaking of Goldwings, it just now occurred to me that I've never ridden one before. I've ridden a lot bikes but not a Goldwing.
I'm on vacation next week so i'll get out for a short ride and report back

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heck! When you said Scooter I was expecting a moped!:ROFL:sidelaugh
Congrats on the new wheels! It looks like a sweet ride! :2th:
PS I would never get a street bike without ABS! Saved my butt a few times already!!
Honda 550S was my first bike!
thanks biketrax, it seems to be a sweet ride
my first bike, I started early on one of these

Attachments

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got out early on the ST1300 and rode down to Toledo then over to Sylvania, oh. left there and went to a motorcycle show in stockbridge, mi. before heading back home, 260 miles. what do I think about the ST so far? it needs a slightly wider windshield and it needs some handlebar risers ( already ordered ). the bridgestone tires need to go also but I'm going to wait till spring for that

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds like a good ride! I'm the same way when riding a new-to-me bike. I make two mental lists; one of certain things that I want to change for the immediate future and a second one for things like performance mods that can be done later on down the road.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like a good ride! I'm the same way when riding a new-to-me bike. I make two mental lists; one of certain things that I want to change for the immediate future and a second one for things like performance mods that can be done later on down the road.
I was out doing some work on the house this morning and looked at the might ST's front tire. it's hard to tell because the tire looks good and looks almost new but there is cupping along the left side of the tire right in the contact area. I like the electric windshield, you can adjust the height on the fly. late yesterday I found out how to remove the seat. the seat itself is adjustable so I raised the front of it up to help reduce sliding into the gas tank

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Mini Trail was my first bike too! Same blue color. Gosh I wish I had kept that one.
my minitrail 50 was sold so I could get a ct70h minitrail which was sold a couple years later and replaced with a hodaka wombat 125, wish I still had both my minitrails though. seems almost no one knows what a hodaka is though I do keep and eye out for one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts