My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to buy a backup all year and finally did today . A Lesco 48'' hydro walk behind . Got a heck of a deal , traded the oldest Stihl blower I own and $300 ... Needs some TLC , bend out deck , caster bushings and I am going to swap engines . It has a 19hp Kawasaki that cuts out when the pto is engaged , I have a 17hp Kawasaki that needs nothing in my garage.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:cool Looks like you got a real good deal on it! Any idea what's wrong with the engine? I mean, if it's just a carb/linkage issue, it shouldn't be any big deal to fix.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not an engine guy , but a friend thinks an ignition module ????? :dunno: But the 17 I have is a lot newer than what is on it , and all my filters for all 3 machines will be interchangeable :ThumbUp: . I will fix the 19 , sell it and end up with a free mower :cool.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
:sidelaugh I thought the canoe was part of the rig, I was like :dunno: then realized it was a canoe on the ground..... I should put my contacts in

Looks like a good deal, I like the Lescos

·
Registered
147 Posts
:sidelaugh I thought the canoe was part of the rig, I was like :dunno: then realized it was a canoe on the ground..... I should put my contacts in

I thought the same thing! I thought it was some sort of wing mower attachment at first! :sidelaugh

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to run it off a cliff , maybe it will fly .

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I need to run it off a cliff , maybe it will fly .
If it lands in a stream it will float down the river, hey you can trim/mow shore lines... :ROFL
:bag:

Looks like it will serve you well, will you be using it for next years season or will you have it ready for the end of this mowing season?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

I thought the same thing too, it looked like it was almost attached to it.

Sounds like it will be a good machine for you, keep us posted on the project!

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like it will serve you well, will you be using it for next years season or will you have it ready for the end of this mowing season?[/QUOTE]

Hope to have it in service for a test run Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I thought the same thing too, it looked like it was almost attached to it.

Sounds like it will be a good machine for you, keep us posted on the project!
X2!!! :ditto::ditto:
Thought it was just me!! :sidelaugh

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Swap went smoothly , but need to play with governor a little on Saturday , hopefully fix the idle issues. engine sounds great. Pulled out deck, new caster bushings , new battery ... moving right along.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here it is ... has been done for a few days ... we even put it in service for a few days before completion to test the engine ... runs great .

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another month , give or take will be a big help for leaf cleanups.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts