My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a (new-to-me) JD tractor & cart today! Seller told me they bought new it for their son, who is now 39 years old. Pretty good shape for 35 years old!

It will be restored, mounted on the #10 dump cart & join my other pedal tractors for parade duty. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Very nice! Those look great fixed up. Thank you for the photos! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments! I have the decals & hub caps ordered for it & will start on it as soon as I finish the deck on the 68 RER. ~~ grnspot

·
1,329 Posts
It would be a thrill to find a set up like that in that condition.
Great parade rig, I would like to see that in action.:2th:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have a question for anyone familiar with the Ertl pedal tractors. This one has a mark below the steering wheel in the shape of a (script) "E", looks like a fine weld bead & wraps slightly around the right side. Has anyone seen this before?

The tractor doesn't appear to have been re-painted! ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
If its definitely a weld maybe it was done as a security measure against theft like an initial or something?? Just a very wild guess...
Is it a line of caulking of some sort that was put on prior to painting?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
If its some goofy thing a guy in the factory did would you consider leaving it as part of its history?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mark turned out to be something in the glue line, scraped right off with a sharp chisel! Took a clearer picture today before taking it apart for refurb. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Would factory flaws like that add or detract from the value of a toy like that?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Painted the green parts today! Will sand & paint the wheels tomorrow. Decals & hub caps are here, axle caps should be here tomorrow. When I get the tractor done, I'll restore the cart, then get some plywood to mount them on the JD #10 dump cart for shows & parades! ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finished up the tractor & cart today! I'll get a sheet of 1/2" CD plywood & cut a top for my #10 cart, paint it & mount this tractor & cart on it next. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Those will be a nice addition to your collection, you'll have to take new pics of the line up next time you get them all together. :2th:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cut, prepped & primed the top for the #10 cart today. I'll paint it with JD "Ag Yellow" tomorrow. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
1,329 Posts
I say green, you have it down to a fine art. I wish my grandSon could see the set up.:ThumbUp:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts