My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collect the original Matchbox series vehicles. They were produced in England from 1953 to 1969. Although Matchbox is still in business, I only collect the models from these specific years. There are 237 different body castings, which I have all, and thousands of different variations based on color, wheels and other differences. I have some of them displayed in my office at work. Take a look!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That is a very nice collection Ellis and you did a great job displaying them as well. I recognize some of those too from the ones I played with when I was younger.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice Ellis! I also had a collection of them when I was younger. I sold most of them to help pay a couple car payments when I was in my 20's, was between jobs!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow, that's a very complete collection! I like the way you put them on show in the cubbies. :cool
:ditto:

Very nice collection Ellis!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice! Do you have a favorite?
Thanks everyone! I've been collecting these for 20 years or so now. Met and deal with folks from all over, Germany, England, Australia, Holland and many more. It's been much fun :2th:

And yes, Bruce, I do have a favorite. It's assigned number 22B in the series, the Vauxhall Cresta. It's an English car, as many of the models in this series are, as they were made by Lesney in England at the time. You can see some in this photo starting with light gray/pink one, and running to the gold and copper ones.

Here is an actual car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Beautiful collection you have there and its tastefully displayed.
I see a couple I had/have.

I collect 1:43 scale cars and happen to have a Cresta Wagon that I like very much.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks.

Wow, love the wagon! Such graceful lines. Is that British racing green?

How about some pics of your collection? Love to see it :pics:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Hi Ellis! That is a great collection of vintage Matchbox. I have some Matchbox diecast as well but they are the new releases. Just as you only collect the original Matchbox, I only collect the Toyota Land Cruiser diecasts because I own a real 1978 FJ40 Land Cruiser. Here are some of the pictures from my collection. I originally got my first Land Cruiser diecasts in the early 80's but didn't start actively collecting until 2003 when I discovered eBay. I have over 600 in my collection. Bill

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's a great collection, Yard Nazi! Pretty neat how it's catered to one particular vehicle.

I own a real 1978 FJ40 Land Cruiser.
Awesome!

You should start a thread on it and show it off, would love to see it. I've always had a thing for the 40 series.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wow.. I am speechless.. Those collections are fantastic!

Bill, I am also partial to FJ40's.. I nearly bought one a few years ago. But It turned out it was $800 for a reason..

Anyway.. Awesome collections guys!

-Stan

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Wow! You guys have some fantastic collections. A person could easily spend hours looking over them and admiring the details.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow! You guys have some fantastic collections. A person could easily spend hours looking over them and admiring the details.
:ditto:

Super collection there, JSB33!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Wow, I'm truly impressed with those collections. Just the amount of time to research and find and bid and display and....... Well, it certainly does not happen over night!
Nice job guys. :2th:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
HI! I guess I didn't realize there were so many who had diecast collections that were on the lawn equipment forum. For me the interest is because of my real 1978 FJ40 Land Cruiser which I bought new but has been re done. It is the third FJ40 I have owned. Thanks for the compliments on the collection and my hat goes off to all of you with the diecast collecting interest as well. Here is the reason for my collecting. Bill

Attachments

Reactions: bwdbrn1 and Austen
1 - 20 of 28 Posts