My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Railroading! From 1 to 1 scale on down. Mostly collect Southern Railway. The layout is N scale and work in progress.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow, that's very cool. Beautifully displayed too. How love have you been collecting?
I take it you mean how LONG.:D Have had model trains since the late 60's. Railroadania, about 10 years.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Nice collection Smitty!!!! :)

Reactions: Smitty76

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's fantastic, Smitty! :ThumbUp: It has the same vibe as a train store.

Cool stuff, model trains are a lot of fun! :2th:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Love it, I have always wanted a train set-up

Reactions: Smitty76

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:ThumbUp:
My father was a member of the local model railroad club for years. He run mostly Lionel. (His hobby started after I received a set for Christmas one year. :D) I need to do some cleaning up and get the layout back running again as it has set for several years now without running. We have a two levels on 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. Top is residential and bottom is more industrial. I put lights in some of the houses and wired it up for him. Running it with the room dark was always my favorite part.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That's a very nice collection you have Smitty. It's easy to see how much pride you have in it by how well you have everything organized and displayed. I'm sure it's a true inspiration for any train enthusiast who gets to view it. Thank you for sharing it with us. :2th:
What are your future plans for the collection?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are your future plans for the collection?[/QUOTE]

I plan to keep collecting as long as possible. After that, pass it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts