My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend Bob is wanting me to care for his prized Bolens, Wisconsin engine and hydraulic trans/lift. Been sitting for over a year, has car battery from factory. It cranked and had no gas, he filled tank and fired up!! Sometime soon I'll get it here. Story goes old owner was Bolens dealer and never used it! Looks so clean with no rust! Just real dirty from sitting outside! Grill is not dented or nothing! :) Pictures when I get it!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice! You know how much I love Bolens. :)

What model?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Wow, sounds like a neat opportunity. You going to KEEP this one?????

I had to ask :p

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, thinking it is a 1256. It has a red grill and different tires in back, plus different seat. Otherwise all STOCK!! Bob likes the gear one better and want to keep it. He knows I will restore/care for his tractor. Looks like a good clean/buff is all it needs!
Looks like this one I think!
Bruce, Bob wants me to keep it. Said he could sell it but don't want some.....BAD WORDS............. abusing it!
Dad seems to not like idea. I am inclined to sell the Suburban ST12 ( dads) and keep the Bolens! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:pics::pics::pics::2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JEESH! Rough crowd!! ;)
I plan on seeing if I can help him get it out today!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know disrespecting elders is bad, but on this one I'd take my fathers opinion and throw it out the window, and keep the tractor.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan too keep it. Just gonna sell some stuff to make room.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we are selling off the Suburban ST12 and just got back the GT-18 plow we sold last year in trade! Need to make room as she is HUGE!! Bob's trailer is full so played with it at his house, might be here tomorrow. Only 2 miles away ,could drive it home!

·
Registered
507 Posts
We have a gear drive one at school that we put a GX610 Honda engine on, straight piped. It's our pull tractor, but it snapped the axle shaft before the weight was even hooked up.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
She's going to clean up nice!!

Nothing like a Bolens Husky! :ThumbUp:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts