My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He worked for hours getting this blower out of behind his house to give to dad! He took the carb off and had dad go through it , then used it to get it out of the back! Guess carb isn't right yet, stalls after a bit. It has water in fuel when we took tank off. Been sitting over three years, but runs pretty good. Auger seems stuck on, cable must be tight. We are happy with it and found all kinds of service and owners manuals on Toro.com! It is in garage for a work session this weekend! Thinking it will be keeper!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool machine! It looks worth fixing up!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Austen, your trainer!! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup training wheels being installed! ;) :sidelaugh:sarcasm::idea:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got home last night to dad going through carb and using rebuild kit given to him by Bob. Helped him clean gas tank and make up new fuel line with good filter and shut off valve . The shut off on tank looks messed up, see epoxy holding it in. It fired up but still runs funny. Idle mixture screw can be taken right out with some effect on running! Guess it is still dirty. Took a couple of videos of it going, won't blow snow, too weak at full speed. The auger cable must be stuck or out of adjustment, turns all the time. All stuff you expect with a machine that sat!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob took a carb off a generator he has that is same engine. It fixed the issues, guess the other carb needs more work! Dad must had missed something! We tried it on the old hard snow and seems good. There is a leak from front gearbox and the auger issue is needing work, you can see all the play in the shaft. At end when I shut off snow blower , can hear Bob's Diesel Ford roll up!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Those old Toros are built like tanks! I think the sheet-metal-encased auger shaft is interesting. I saw a cleaned up Powershift 521 outside the local mower shop yesterday when I went in for parts. It looked like a nice machine! :ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice progress!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! She works good so far. Alot of work yet to be done. Bobs birthday was today, took him out for breakfast and went to TSC.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Get him to join up here!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Um, think he would NEVER get past the bad word filters! He is quite "unique".

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi 43128! This one is a 828, so bet it is a 5 hp 21" cut?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts