My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't know what happened but someone here rubbed off on me so here is the deal.... Look what followed me home,

A buddy of mine told me to take them so how could I say no to that?
So the question of the day is, are these good ones or do I have yard art?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes they say HONDA on the decks. My buddy said they were a pair that someone was throwing them out so he grabbed them thinking he could use them for parts. He didn't have much interest in them so he gave them to me for free. I don't think I overpaid??

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice find!

Those are mowers that'll have no problem lasting forever with proper care and maintenance. Once you use them you'll soon realize they're truly the Lexus of walk behind lawnmowers in their class.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll keep ya updated when these get on the bench.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Are those both metal decks ? I found one that has some sort of BS poly something or other deck that I am still trying to figure out how to take it apart . You need to be a magician or have the last name Honda to take it apart.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
The one on the left is, don't know about the right.

I prefer metal over a plastic deck any day of the week like you but for what it's worth coming from ownership experience, these particular decks are anything but weak.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It wasn't that uncommon for that series to crack in that dip under the carb. Never heard of one breaking for no reason.
Oh Boy have I!
Storing them in an un-heated garage or shed can be enough.. Or Hitting a rock.. or sand... You name it.. I've seen more scrapped hondas with broken decks than I can count.

The King said:
You need to be a magician or have the last name Honda to take it apart
Tell me about it! I've had honda machines in for repair and just doing simple maintenance is hard work... Not to mention doing a more complex repair.. Forget it. Give me a Nice Lawn-Boy D, F, C Or any Briggs and Stratton.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way, mine are metal..... :dunno:I think if you take care of something it can last a long time no matter what it is made of. We hobby guys usually end up with stuff that people do not take care of anyways so we are going to see the worse case scenarios.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reply to 5 Points ref: HRR2163VXA

Hello 5 Points,
I just got the same model 2 days ago although mine cost cash ! ! The the rear grass door is black on my HRR2163VXA GD, with a slightly Older serial #. Also I see your Blade clutch control is missing the Yellow Lever control. I am having trouble with mine as the yellow handle will flip back and turn off the blades, after about 3 seconds. The whole assy is about $35 at Honda and I am thinking it is cheaper than just buying the 2 big cogs inside at $24.
Whole unit blade control box: PARTS NEEDED: PTO Blade Control Handle P/N 75180-VL0-B01(or B03) CONTROL ASSY., ROTO-STOP Complete assy $32.27 OR P/N 04402-VL0-B00 CAM KIT, ROTO-STOP $26.27.
This does not include the cable.
Good Luck to both of us...
All Thumbs

QUOTE Five Points OK, I don't know what happened but someone here rubbed off on me so here is the deal.... Look what followed me home,
A buddy of mine told me to take them so how could I say no to that?
So the question of the day is, are these good ones or do I have yard art?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts