My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon I went to help disassemble a biulding that was wrecked by a tornado. There were bees bothering us the whole day. I got a sting just above my left eye.
I thought I had the stinger completely out, so I didn't worry about it too much. But later in the evening after it started swelling above my eye I started getting concerned. When I woke up this morning my eye was completely swollen shut! It still hasn't gone down much, but I'm hoping it will tonight so that I can have a good day at work tommorrow. Now I'll be more thankful for sight in both of my eyes when this is over! It's such a nuisance trying to get work done with only one eye! It's not really painful, but it has started to itch a bit so I've been taking Benadryl to releave it:(.

Anyway, I hope this won't last too long...:eek:

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Ouch! :eek: Those little buggers always seem to find a spot that hurts the most. At least your not like my cousin. A bee sting can be deadly for him. :(

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Ouch!!

Wow, what a horrible place to get a bee sting. I can only imagine the inconveniency.

Hope it gets better soon for ya, might even go see a doctor just in case as they may be able to prescribe something for you.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I am allergic to bees and am super careful around any bees. A couple years ago bees decided to build a huge nest on my garage door. I did not have the heart to get the spray out and kill them. I contacted a neighbor who is a bee keeper. He tried to pay me for the nest but I refused. In the fall we got a large mason jar filled with the best honey I have ever tasted.

To bad the tornado did the damage to the bees home and I also fill sorry for your pain.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was a bit disappionted when the swelling hadn't gone down
much be by Fryday morning, but it started decreasing during the morning and by
noon I could open it partially. Now It's functioning much like normal, though
it's still slightly swollen and red around my eye.

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Glad to hear it's doing better! :)

Sooo, how many people have asked about who the fight was with? :D

;)....can't remember his name but he is in traction at the hospital right now..... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts