My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this YT16 for $70, needed a new rubber wheel for the disk drive, paint, and some nick nacks

Started with fixin the disk drive, next step was to paint the body

Unfortantly all I had in my stash was LT12 Stickers, but im getting some YT16 made

After that was to turn the YT12 back to only a cutter, what ment removing the big hitch and taking the solid clutch off and putting the smooth clutch back on it. Swaped the hitch plates and put the solid clutch on the YT16, and sanded and painted the rear wheels and replaced the front wheels tires with some NOS ones laying around.

So now the YT16 is my "Tow Rig"

Waiting on the headlights to come in from my freind, along with a handfull of other goodies for it. Also waiting on new stock size rear tires and wheels, will swap my grip tires off the YT12 to the YT16 and put the new turfs on the YT12

Here it is next to the YT12 (the YT16 is on the right)

Reactions: chobbs1957

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Very nice Jason, I've become fond of Snappers here lately as you will soon see when I get my ducks in a row. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the progress of your YTs.

·
Administrator
6,296 Posts
Sounds like that $70 turned into a really good deal! :cool

I never thought about it but I did not realize they used the disk drive setup on the front engine riders too. Guess I always thought that was just on the rear engine jobs. :bag:

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Wow, for $70.00 that was a steal!

It looks and sounds like you got her all cleaned up and working nicely! :cool Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
Good deal. Sounds like you're the kind of person that gets your machines into really great running condition, and makes them look good too. We'll all look forward to seeing the progress on your new tractor.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal. Sounds like you're the kind of person that gets your machines into really great running condition, and makes them look good too. We'll all look forward to seeing the progress on your new tractor.
I try to on all my stuff, prob cost me more $$$$$ than its worth, but I take pride in all my equipment

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
I believe you are among like minded people! That's why we end up in places like this. I believe the majority of the people here all take a great level of pride in their equipment and the work they put into them. :cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.