My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found it on c/l, said it needed a primer bulb and air filter cover but did not run. I thought what the heck, I can use the parts. The primer bulb was no longer attached to the carb, and the gas was full of floaters, but overall, I'm pleased! Unless the rings are shot (haven't checked compression yet) I think she'll run!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pulled the muffler off (after MUCH effort to get the adaptor plate removed) and found tons of carbon. Oily, filthy stuff! I'll burn off the muffler and scrape out the underside of the mower, but surprisingly the ports themselves aren't bad. Am I missing something? Seems the ports would almost have to be fouled if the muffler is so full of garbage... Oh! I checked the compression and it's around 110-115. That seems pretty good to me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool find, you're well on your was to having it up and running!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it runs but has no power and little throttle response. I thought I had the carb cleaned out good but there's still something wrong. The altitude adjustment is a very small 'nut' that will be difficult to adjust while running. The governor vane doesn't react like I expected, but I'm just learning lb's so it could be ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts