My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a nice sunny day here today so I met the wife for lunch and went down by the Mississippi in Bettendorf, IA today. I walked over under the twin bridges of I74 and snapped a couple of pictures. The river is still pretty high, just in it's banks, and the current is down right raging!

There are lines marked on the base showing where the river crested in '08 and '93

We had a few visitors while eating our lunch. They come running as soon as they hear the rustle of lunch bags. The sign says no swimming or wading. Duh, no kidding!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looked like a pretty day! Thanks for the photos.

·
1,329 Posts
My Son in Quincy IL says the Miss. has reached its crest. (that was a few days ago) I know that can change fast up there. I will see for myself this week end. We all are going North for a Grandsons wedding Saturday.
Thanks for the pics and video. Thats interresting

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Should be no problem getting a barge to float in there now. Controlling it could be fun though. :eek:

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Wow, that current almost looks like the Missouri! I sure wouldn't fancy being out on that in a Jon. Nice day, though!:2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
WoW! Great pictures! Glad it is in the banks though! I drove into PA when the river in Scranton / Wilkes Barre was almost in flood stage couple years ago, real scary sight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts