My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that a member can help in locating this part.

Probably 4 or 5 years ago I saw a professional instructional video on repairing a push mower. The person doing the repair had a stand that slipped under the bottom of the mower and guided the mower on the side, keeping it secure from falling.

When I first saw the video I thought it was interesting, but something I did not need. Now years later and an aging back something like this may keep me in the game of continuing to do my own repairs.

I looked at videos on Repair Clinic.com and Honda videos, but did not have any luck. I tried googling the stand but go more on standing lawn mowers.

Anyone know what this stand is called or where once can be purchased?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup, that's the only one like that I remember seeing, too... Depending on how much they quote you for freight, It might be cheaper from here? They also offer a full power model:

Reactions: Grunt

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yup, that's the only one like that I remember seeing, too... Depending on how much they quote you for freight, It might be cheaper from here? They also offer a full power model:
Add electric lift ($699) and freight ($50) minimum. YIKES. I would surely make my own if I had a small engine business.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a lift table but I need to get underneath, at times, to do blade maintenance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, from what remember, it was more of two small arms that slid under the frame and a handle that you pulled to start the turning process. The handle would turn down until the mower was in a side standing position. I guess this stand did not go over well and no is in wonder- wonder land. My guess it would have carried a $30-$40 price tag.

My though is use my time to sit down, think about it, and try my hand in craftsmanship.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No, from what remember, it was more of two small arms that slid under the frame and a handle that you pulled to start the turning process. The handle would turn down until the mower was in a side standing position.
I wonder about the added value of that device. To work on the blades of my Hondas, I just insure that the fuel valve is off, then grab the deck with my left hand and the handle with my right and tip it so the carburetor is on the up-side. It rests very stably in that position, with the two right-side wheels and the handle forming a solid triangular base.

The handle on my HR214 has the optional commercial support kit 06531-VA3-010 installed and is so rigid I can easily tip the mower onto its right side just by grasping the upper handle with both hands and twisting it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My son bought me one of the Mojacks like Tabora posted a few years ago. It is handy for changing blades and cleaning the deck but doesn't do anything about getting the mower off the floor. I've thought about getting something like this. Ironton Hydraulic Table Cart 500-Lb. Capacity, 28 5/8in. Lift | Northern Tool
Cannon
I bought the Harbor Freight version. The reviews were good and the sale special price was even better, so I got one. It has been a blessing on my back. The trouble for me is when it is easier to work on the mower when it is turned on the side. The needed lifting or twisting that my back needs to is sometimes a stress, even a light strain, that can set my back off. My wife and family would prefer that I stop doing maintenance, but I enjoy it and truthfully, I have given up enough stuff lately that I cannot do. I am only 66.

I do recommend a lift table and a piece of 3/4 plywood (to add top work space) cut to the size that will work for you. Add a few mushroom bolts to anchor the wood any you are done. Table is great for snow throwers too.

I think it is Brian Pender on Youtube who goes over his table design and setup.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My son bought me one of the Mojacks like Tabora posted a few years ago. It is handy for changing blades and cleaning the deck but doesn't do anything about getting the mower off the floor.
And of course, the MoJack stand can be attached to a lift table. So you can roll the mower onto the table, tilt it back so it's propped on the stand, and then lift the entire thing up to a comfortable working height.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just ran across this video of the one discussed earlier; it might be the gold standard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts