My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems trying to adjust the mower deck on Cub Cadet's LT 1550. The old (2nd) replacement broke, it was a Gates which was 133 inches long. The new recommended Oregon belt is 137 or 138 inches long. I have confirmed the Oregon belt is the OEM factory recommendation, but I have too much slack in the installed belt, and can't see where or how to take up the slack.

Is there a more experienced hand out there who could help?

Thanks

Bob R

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they're all (2) snugged back in place, in any case there's no lateral movement, only up/down speaking to the pulleys themselves.

You can adjust (level) the entire deck forward/backward, a twisting left or right so to speak. The slack may be there. with almost 5 inches in length between the two belts. That distance must be the extreme. Thanks, I'll get back.

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Maybe the wrong belt was stuck in the package? Do you see any numbers on the belt to match the packaging?

I came up with the following using SLT1550 as the model #

• CUB CADET# 754-04077 Oregon# 75-814 BELT, CUB CADET5/8" X 132-1/4"

• MTD# 754-04077 Oregon# 75-814 BELT, CUB CADET5/8" X 132-1/4"

If you have an Oregon #75-814 and it's 138" something taint right. ;)

Passport®: OEP Power Search by OREGON®

ARIPartFinder

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mower Deck Adjustment

Mark,
Thanks, I took the Dealers word that the belt was correct. The sleeve/belt I have is a Oregon 75-994 that replaces the old Oregon 754-0462. I'll call him to get it straight, and post back. Thanks for your help. I have always had difficulty trying to use the MTD sites, for parts lookup, and have made my mind up that I'll pay the extra bucks and stay away from MTD (big box store) products. Thanks once more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mower Deck Adjustment

It was the wrong belt. So, that's fixed. but now the thing won't start. So, look for me trying to find out why I have to jump start this mower every time before I start to mow. Thanks for the help. stay cool.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts