My Lawnmower Forum banner

Mowatt Mustang Mini Mower

25K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BOSMECH 
#1 ·
I have a 1960 Mowatt Mustang mini mower with 7 horse Briggs & stratton. It is all original. The mower is in very good condition. It runs and mows like new. I would like to sell it as I can no longer ride it due to medical problems. Does anyone know the history of this company and how much the mower might be worth. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Cecil E Tanburn

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Cecil! :)

I found some for sale for anywhere between $50 -$350 depending on condition. Here's a couple:

1960 MOWATT MUSTANG MINI MOWER

iClassifieds > Mowett Mustang 7 Mower for $350

Also this ad for one dated 1973:

and this one dated 1979:

I really can't find anything about the manufacture, Mowett Sales Co. of Odessa Missouri other then they appear to have went out of business back in 1980's? Also looks to me like even then it was perhaps a second owner new short lived start-up using the original company name.

#5 ·
Mustang Mower

I used to live in Odessa where these mowers were built. If I remember right the business went out of business after owner was killed in a private airplane crash. It was just a small business, maybe 10 employees max. Do remember several of these mowers around town. People could buy them real cheap at factory.

#6 ·
I used to live in Odessa where these mowers were built. If I remember right the business went out of business after owner was killed in a private airplane crash. It was just a small business, maybe 10 employees max. Do remember several of these mowers around town. People could buy them real cheap at factory.
Welcome to the forum canoecrazy!

I found one article about them making boats. It shows in business in 1979 and out of business in 1983.

MOWETT SALES CO. INC. - Boat Manufacturers, MO, ODESSA

But this magazine article about the mowers is dated 1985:

Mustang mower gives economical ride - evaluation | Flower & Garden Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

Google street view shows a rather new looking building next to a church which is occupied by Santa Fe Glass at 110 Mason and a library at 109 Mason. The library building looks like it must have been the manufacturing plant?

109 W. Mason, odessa. mo - Google Maps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.