My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where should I start .........................

After my g/f and her son moved back to California at the end of Summer I have had the thought of moving out there, but since I have a good job that I didn't want to leave, let alone the $3000 to relocate, and finding a new job I wasn't sure what to do.

As yall know I was out there over Christmas, and California wasn't a bad as I thought (well atleast the mountain where she lives) so I figured around September or October of this (2014) year I would move out there.

Well, God decided to bless us with a surprise, we are having a baby. So I just said that's Gods way of telling me moving out there is what's right for me. So Feb 22 I take off for Cali, plan on taking it easy, making a handful of stops on the way, including 2 nights in Vegas. My g/f is flying out to ride back with me.

She has her own house out there on family property so we are ok till next year, then I'm going to get a bigger place on 5+ acres. It looks pretty good that I have a job once I get out there with great benefits, medical, dental, vision, paid sick/vacation/holiday, profit share, and 401k actually better then where I'm at now.

So, now time to figure out how to get all my toys out there, Thank goodness mom will store a lot of stuff for me or IDK what I would do!!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Except for the California part, or lets say California Emissions, I can NEVER register or drive my Camaro out there, and will have to un-mod my truck, but lucky for me my truck is now owned by my mom and she is nice enough to let me "borrow" it and take it to California with me. :bag:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Congrates 89!!! Sounds like a new chapter is opening to you!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 89yt12

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Congrats on everything! Sounds like you have a real supportive mom. :2th: I wish you luck on your change, and I hope it goes well for you. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just now I may have to part with my Camaro :banghead: :(

There is no way in heck it could ever be emission compliant, I could leave it here with my mom, because we may move back here in a few years, but if we don't it would be a PITA to sell 2400 miles away.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Congratulations Jason! Maybe you could store the car over the state line someplace in a locker. Either that or maybe a good excuse to drop an new fuel injected crate engine in her. :ThumbUp:

:idea: The next "Counting Cars" project.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Best of luck with the move, Jason!

Born and raised in northern CA.

Lived through the whole hippy migration while in Jr. and Hi school. After my war obligations, returned from military and migrated up to Mendocino and Lake county - in the woods and mountains.

I loved it there and often thought of returning...but I couldn't afford to buy my own (old) house the way property appreciated ;).

Where about's does your girl friend live (County)?

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Congratulations, Jason! Boy, lotta action, but it sounds like you have things well planned and thought out. I wish you all the best.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where about's does your girl friend live (County)?
Fresno, Squaw Valley 93675 (not the ski resort)

Congratulations Jason! Maybe you could store the car over the state line someplace in a locker. Either that or maybe a good excuse to drop an new fuel injected crate engine in her. :ThumbUp:

:idea: The next "Counting Cars" project.
Still will not work I don't think :(

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Jason, what year Camaro?? Maybe old enough to get by the emissions requirements??
I know I would not like to part with my car. Got to be a way around it seeing all the cool cars in Cali??

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1989, not exempt

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Good luck in all your new endeavors Jason.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Sorry that the Camaro is too new. Shame, maybe best is to leave it with your mom to keep temporary? Could always crate engine it like Bruce said to make it legal when able?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm getting cash and a 2007 Honda Foreman 500 4x4

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Cool Jason! This will be interesting time for you! God willing everything works out great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts